FIve for Friday 11/22

[fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb32.jpg]
                                                             Divider-1_thumb13_thumb8_thumb_thumb





My 4th graders had so much fun making this awesome art project today! We have spent the entire month talking about Kindness…..and today we read this poem from The Bubbly Blonde's TPT store (freebie) and then we worked together to create a reminder to hang on our wall.  I wish I had thought of this, but I got the idea from Farley's at Oh' Boy 4th Grade's blog post! Go check it out. 





Divider-2_thumb4_thumb7_thumb_thumb3







My students have been learning about rocks and minerals for the past few weeks. Yesterday, we wrote  "I Am" poems from a rock or minerals perspective! My students typed them and then printed a picture to cover up the last line of the poem, I am ….. They shared them with each other and tried to guess the rock or mineral! Here they are on my bulletin board. 


Divider-3_thumb4_thumb7_thumb_thumb3




We also spent this week investigating rocks and minerals. My students LOVED it! We used nails, our fingernails, glass, and white tiles to identify their properties. I set the room up in stages and let the students become little scientist. We are also growing salt crystals and crystals from a kit!

If you are interested in my Everything Rocks and Minerals unit on TPT click here!

[Divider-4_thumb5_thumb7_thumb_thumb3.png]


I found this on interest here and then I made it Sunday while lesson planning…….and then I ate it ALL WEEK. It's the best…you should try it!



Divider-5_thumb5_thumb7_thumb_thumb3

I couldn't come up with a 5th picture…so this is all I have. What I'm doing now!! This is what my Friday typically looks like. Come home from school….open a bottle of wine. This Friday I'm waiting on my parents to get into town. We are celebrating Thanksgiving early and I can't wait to see them.

Happy Weekend! 




2 comments:

  1. Your crayon art project is adorable! It's nice to "meet" another 4th grade blogger. I found you through the link up! I hope you enjoy your weekend with your parents!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to crayon art canvases in my room and one I made with my firsties last year. Those mean a lot more when you make them with your kiddos! Love the words and meaning behind yours.

    Keri
    Enchanted Kinder Garden

    ReplyDelete